Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Angels welcome ...

Two embellished angels - and a star - consisting of wool roving, fabric, lace and yarn scraps, some paper and silvery (metal) net - the faces are free motion machine embroidered.


A friend of mine used to have a shop with the sign "Angels welcome" above her shop entrance - I think I could use such a sign above my door, too, in order to attract some angels - or at least some good fairy who could give me a helping hand with those Xmas preparations ...

Somehow, Christmas always seems to arrive so quickly and sudden, as if these holidays were just popping up unexpectedly out of the winter dark ...

I'm torn between the wish to spend a calm and contemplative Advent season with my kids, having all the time in the world for crafting, baking cookies, reading, playing, leaving on long winter walks, snuggling up with a cup of tea at the fire place -

and on the other hand writing thoughtful cards and letters, finding or even better: making very personal gifts with beautiful wrappings for the family and the big bunch of dear friends.

I just want to do both - my problem is that time moves on so very fast and although I consider myself hard-working, I suppose I'm a bit disorganized ...

Maybe it's just vanity wanting to make it all - and make it good! Guess I should give that a thought, too ...

Concentrate. Keep it plain and simple. Stay cool. (That's what you wanted to say, wasn't it?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty. Christmas always sneaks up on me too. It is the end of our school year and start of the summer holidays too, so the kids are doubly excited, and there seems so much to do.
Do you combine the crafting and baking with the kids with making homemade gifts? we always make biscuits and sweets and give them away as gifts - they never look particularly nice, depending on who has decorated them - but no one cares if they get a biscuit decorated by Moo. we also make at least one (poorly made)craft item to give to family

Hey Ive got some great advice for you - concentrate, keep it plain and simple. keep cool.

now where did I read that........

Yvette said...

You said it yourself, keep it simple, enjoy the little things, don't overdo because you want it to be perfect.
luv yvette

kristin said...

so beautiful!