Monday, July 19, 2010

The treasure of colour/Mein Farbenschatz!

Finally I'm done with the dyeing and rinsing, and most of the yarns and rovings are dry by now - it was quite a bit of work, and now I'm happy being able to sit down in the shadow, enjoying this huge colour treasure, making plans for all new projects I have in mind ...

This is mainly Tussah-silk and bamboo - it's funny how the fibers stick together due to the dyeing process and look dull, like paper - and then again recover and regain their shiny look when being slightly pulled and drafted ...



I love this one! I spun and plied the wool into a soft thick+thin yarn before dyeing, and although it was one of the first tries I had, the autumn colours are just what I was looking for ... I'm only sorry I don't have more of this!



These are some of the cotton threads I dyed for embroidering with - maybe brighter colours would come better for the picture - but believe me, these somewhat faded and blurred colours are just wonderful when you work with them!



Wool-with-silk rovings, providing spinning material for the long winter nights to come ;-) ...



... more spinning material - this is New Zealand-wool (yes, the colours spots are made purposely!):



- and sheep locks, of course! (The colours turned out very bright, but I will soften them down when carding and spinning ...)



And finally, some of the silk yarns - I do look forward to knitting with these!



(German summary: Ich glaube, die Bilder sprechen für sich selbst - Garne, Fäden, Spinnfutter - alles, was mein Herz begehrt - und der Lohn für die Färbemühe!)

9 comments:

Jana Muchalski said...

Mammamia!!! HERZLICHEN GLÜCKWUNSCH zu dieser gewaltigen Ausbeute! Bei diesen traumhaften Farben und Garn-/Faserqualitäten hat sich die Mühe aber wirklich gelohnt. Was Ihr da jedoch gearbeitet habt, kann ich mir gut vorstellen. ;)
Herzliche Grüße und noch einen schönen Sommer
Jana

kristin said...

such beauty in all that color and texture!! i just want to PLAY with it all...truly lovely work...

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

@Danke, Jana! Und dabei ist das hier nur meine Ausbeute - Sara hat ungefähr die gleiche Menge ins Auto gewuchtet, allerdings mehr Sockengarne!
Ja, ich freu' mich irrsinnig und wühle mit Genuß in den bunten Fasern! Dir auch einen schönen Sommer!

@Thank you, Kristin! Well, I am playing with it all the time now!

ritarenata said...

yammie!!! viiiiiele schöööööne fasern.
gut gemacht.

Julie said...

Beautiful colours Anneli, you will have a wonderful time with them.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

@Danke, Rita! Deine Mohairwolle schaut auch supergut aus - wo hast Du das Rohmaterial her?
@Thank you, Julie! Yes, I already have!

Elizabeth said...

You two worked very hard but the colours are fantastic. Wished I could have been a part of it.

Congratulations on a job well done!!!!

Clare Wassermann said...

Just amazingly wonderful - well done x

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Thank you, Elizabeth and Clare! Yes, it was hard work but in the end well worth it!