Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Japanese love affair/Eine japanische Liebesgeschichte

I'm having a Japanese love affair ... with Noro.



No, unfortunately not with Mr Eisaku Noro himself, but with the yarn, above all the Silk Garden Sock Yarn.



When I visited Sweden in February, my very favourite yarn shop, Litet Nystan in Stockholm, tempted me with a big pile of freshly delivered Noro Sock Yarns - and of course I couldn't resist.

During my stay, I started a large shawl in blue-green-grey-beige-rust and continued with a moebius in raspberry-strawberry-green-golden-brown when I got home ...

Right now I'm working on two sleeveless sweaters, one with mitered diamonds in brownish/blueish/greyish yarn with some colour highlights, the other one in entrelac with all those crazy red-pink-rosé-salmon-lavender-green-brown-turquoise-black shades ...

I don't use any patterns for it, just knitting as if in a trance, enjoying ...



I love this yarn so much, because it is constantly surprising me with the most unexpected colour combinations - weird, but always beautiful in its mosaic brilliance - and also because of the unevenness, the silky bumps and the handspun touch, keeping the knitting adventurous and exciting ...

Yes, it's expensive, and it's hard to get hold of - but I don't know any other yarn which comes near this one - it makes my heart sing!

(German summary: Ein absolut unbeherrschtes, begeistertes Loblied auf die Noro Seiden-Sockenwolle - ich kann nicht anders und ich steh' dazu!)

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Glad mr. Eisako Noro knows how to make your heart sing.

Sara lechner said...

wunderschön, anneli, ich bin schon auf dich nächste woche gespannt. habe viele neuigkeiten!

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Thank you, dear friends - I'll come back to you both per mail later on tonight!

ritarenata said...

freut mich für dich. schönheiten hast du da fotografiert. kein wunder, dass du die finger und das herz nicht davon lassen kannst.
viel spass noch.

ps: wir ziehen nach mistelbach

Clare Wassermann said...

wow it looks amazing and I bet it feels even better!

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Thank you, Rita and Clare!

@Rita: please remember to give me your new address in Mistelbach!

@Clare: Yes, yes - it feels absolutely wonderful - can't stop knitting anymore!

Anonymous said...

Ich bin ganz bei dir - ich liebe Noro Garn und bin gerade dabei einen Sommerschal mit Noro Wolle zu häkeln. Grüße aus dem frühlingshaften Deutschland. Inge

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Ah, Inge - noch eine Noro-Liebhaberin - kein Wunder bei diesen Farben!

Mmm, Deinen Sommerschal möchte ich auch gerne sehen!